Pages

The myth about good or bad music

17 may 2011

This is a regular argue within friends, mostly in a bar, concert or maybe at some other blog:

Good music vs. bad music.

And usually the result is: there is no such thing, just different tastes, but that is not my point and well, sometimes I am not so agree at all with it.

My story about it, is more based on tolerance.

In México, as any other country, we have our folk/traditional music, sometimes blended with pop, rock, electronic, etc. and sometimes the result is radically opposite from a person to another, while some people just love and play all the day some of the more popular mainstream mexican artists; there are some other who just can't stand it.

It is very similar to the fights between country music and other genres in USA.

the stereotype usually is:

Country/mexican pop-folk= made for rednecks, ignorant people, annoying voices and sounds. But well. there are good performers and skilled people, but anyway, I am not so attracted for it.

But it took me several years to learn how to deal with it, and it is not that I like now, even when I still feel I wanna get pout of that place after an hour of it. But I finally understand it when I made my music project statement:

Music is made for everyone, for listening in different situations, places and expressing different feelings.

So I just became not so demanding about it, for ask to mexican folk to become something it is not. Mexican folk is mostly made for dance and party, and well, you can't party with the same joy with Aphex Twin for example, right? because it is just intended for other situation.

It may sound sarcastic or funny but is kinda true: I recognize the right of such music to exist, even if I will hate it with all my hearth for the rest of my life.

And what would be about the music we like if we can't mock on music we dislike? hehe :D

Tolerance.

0 comments:

Publicar un comentario

 
In my particular vision © 2011 | Designed by Bingo Cash, in collaboration with Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme